It is a surgical process in which the stomach is reduces to its 25% of its original size by removal of the large pouch of the stomach, leaving a banana-shaped “sleeve” that connect the esophagus to the small intestines. The digestive system is not rearranged like other weight loss surgery. This process permanently reduces the size of the stomach.
Condition for Sleeve Gastrectomy:
- Body Mass Index is 40 or more.
- BMI is 35 and one has a serious health problem like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Step 1- Anesthesia: General anesthesia has been given to the patient
- Step 2- Incision: Make the small incision on your abdomen to insert the laparoscope.
- Step 3- Stomach cutting: Remove the three-quarters of your stomach along the outside curvature leaving the banana shape small pouch of the stomach. Remaining portions of your stomach are joined together using surgical staples.
- Step 4- Close: Close the incision with stitches and staples.
- Blood clots and infections
- Aversion to food and nausea
- Esophageal spasm / pain
Advantages of Sleeve Gastrectomy:
- Fewer food intolerances than with gastric banding.
- Weight loss generally is faster.
- The surgical risk is lower than with gastric bypass procedures.
- No need of band or device.
To know more about our Sleeve Gastrectomy treatment packages, call us at +91-9810085065 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to provide any medical assistance.