Oculoplasty surgery is the correct, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the eye that focuses on the abnormal structures around the eye like eyelids, eye socket and tears ducts. This can be developed through tumor, aging or accident.
Types of Eyelid Abnormality
- Ptosis (drooping eyelid)
- Ectropion (turning out of the eyelid)
- Entropion (eyelids fold in)
Ptosis refers to drooping of eyelid of one side or both sides of the eye. The patient is often born with ptosis or can develop through nerve disorder, injury to a muscle or aging. Ptosis can be mild or severe. In mild ptosis case, the eye is functionally normal but has an abnormal appearance. In severe ptosis the drooping eyelid covers the pupil and visual axis, the patient needs to lift the chin to see properly.
Type of Ptosis:
- Congenital Ptosis: it occurs by birth. It results in poor development of the levator palpebrae superioris muscle.
- Acquired Ptosis: it occurs after the birth and common in old age.
- Poor Vision
- Elevated chin
- Stiff neck
- Undesirable facial appearance
Ectropion is the condition in which the eyelid is turning out from the eyeball which results in exposure of inner surface causing redness, infection, watery eyes and irritation leading to damage of the cornea. This may occur through aging and deteriorating of the connective tissue of the eyelid.
Entropion is the condition in which eyelid is turning in from the eyeball. Eyelashes rub against the eyes causing pain, irritation, infection and watering.
- Redness and pain in the eye
- Excessive tearing
- Reduce vision
- Drooping skin around the eye
- Sensitivity to wind and light
To know more about our Occuloplasty treatment packages, call us at +91-9810085065 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to provide any medical assistance.