Cataract is the clouding of the eye lens which leads to loss of vision. It is the most common cause of vision loss in person at the age of 42 and older although it can happen at any age and also occur due to accident or infection. Cataract may develop in either one or both eyes and does not spread from one eye to other. It is a common part of ageing process.
It occurs when there is a development of protein in the lens that makes it cloudy. This prevents light passing clearly through the lens, causing impaired vision.
Cataract can not be cure by medication or eye drop. It has only one solution i.e. cataract surgery.
Types of Cataract
- Age-related Cataracts: develops as a result of ageing.
- Congenital Cataracts: kids are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataracts: These grow as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic Cataracts: These develop after injury to the eye.
Symptoms of Cataract
- Cloudy or blurry vision.
- Colours seem faded.
- Poor night vision.
- Double vision in one eye.
- Frequent prescription changes in your eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Glare, Headlights, lamps, or sunlight may appear too bright. A halo may appear around lights.
It is a simple surgery in which the cloudy lens is replaced with an artificial lens. However the early symptoms can be overcome by using new spectacles, brighter lighting or magnifying glass.
To know more about our Cataract treatment packages, call us at +91-9810085065 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to provide any medical assistance.
Related Article: Cataract Myths vs Facts