Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer that has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy in medical or clinical terms it is also calledBreast Augmentation Mammoplasty. It does not correct severely drooping breasts.
Candidate for Breast Augmentation:
- Small size of breasts in proportion to body
- Clothes fitted on the hips but unusually large at the bust line
- Small breasts or infirm due to childbirth
- Imbalance in the size of breasts
- Smaller breasts as a result of weight loss
- Low self esteem or self confidence in wearing swimsuits or body hugging clothes
Types of Breast Implants:
- Saline Implants: As the name suggests these implants are filled with a sterile mixture of salt and water. This is filled after the implants are placed in the body. This procedure requires much smaller incisions.
- Silicone Implants: Silicone implants are very widely used as they give a very natural look and feel. Silicone gel is very thick and similar to human fat.
- Cohesive Gel (‘Gummy Bear’) Implants: Similar to gummy bear candy these implants are the newest generation to be used. These implants are filled with solid silicone and are tear drop shaped; hence the outcomes are very natural looking.
- Autologous fat transfer: removes fat through liposuction from an area of your body in which there are abundant fat cells, such as your thighs, abdomen and hips and then injects it into the breasts.
This is done under general anesthesia usually takes 2-3 hours. Breast implants are placed either above or below the pectoral muscle. The surgeon makes an incision, lifts the breast tissue, creates a pocket in the chest/breast area and places an implant in the pocket.
Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. Incisions vary based on the type of breast implant, degree of enlargement desired.
After the incision the placement of the implant may be done sub-muscular sub-mammary or sub-glandular. Sub-muscular is placement of implant under pectoral muscle. Sub-mammary is behind breast tissue and subglandular is over the pectoral muscle.
- Increase fullness and projection of the breasts
- Improve the balance of the figure
- Enhances the self-image and self-confidence
To know more about our Breast Augmentation treatment packages, call us at +91-9810085065 or mail us at email@example.com. We will be happy to provide any medical assistance.
Related Articles: Tips for Deciding Perfect Breast Implant Size