Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery is the process which removes the extra fat; tightens the muscle and skin to make the abdomen firm, slim and well toned. The muscles are tightened to give a flatter appearance. This type of surgery is sought by patients with loose or sagging skin after major weight loss or after pregnancy. It is not a substitute for exercise & healthy diet however may be the last resort where exercise & diet fail to slim down the waist.
Cause of tummy bulge
- Fluctuations in weight
- Excess skin which is sagging
- Excessive fat deposit
- Weakened abdominal muscles
Types of Procedure
- Complete Abdominoplasty: A large incision is made from one hip bone to other and the skin, tissues and muscles are contoured as per requirement. The skin needs to be removed or detached from the abdominal wall to expose the muscles which need to be tightened. Many times the belly button may be removed too but can be reconstructed again. To allow fluids that ooze out after surgery, drainage tubes will be required for a few days.
- Partial Abdominoplasty: A small incision is made and the skin & fat of the lower abdomen are deteched. Partial-abdominoplasties are often done on people When fat deposits are stubborn and confined to specific area such as below the navel rather than the whole abdomen – partial abdominoplasty is the right choice. This is a much shorter procedure taking about a couple of hours. Also the belly button is most likely retained and not removed.
- Combination Abdominoplasty: This involves one or more procedures combined such as liposuction contouring, breast reduction, breast lift or hysterectomy, quit commonly called mommy makeover.
- Enhance aesthetics
- Tightens sagging & loose skin
- May remove / reduce stretch marks
- Weight reduction improves lifestyle
- May eliminate back pain
- Well toned look
To know more about our Abdominoplasty treatment packages, call us at +91-9810085065 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to provide any medical assistance.
Related Articles: Myths about Tummy Tuck